Join the StageAgent Team
At StageAgent we love theatre. We are actors, directors, and teachers who are on a quest to use technology to inform, guide, and improve the lives of performing artists.
StageAgent is seeking a Content Creator to add to our team who will have a special focus on diversity/inclusion in theatre. You should be an excellent writer with expert-level knowledge about plays (classic, modern, and/or new works) and musicals including extensive industry and/or academic experience. A background in education/lesson-plan writing and experience working with high school and/or middle school students is strongly preferred. The Content Creator should be well-versed in diversity-driven content and BIPOC playwrights.
This is a part-time, work-from-home freelance position. We are open to hiring the right experts regardless of your geographic location. BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Develop detailed study guides for plays and musicals including context, plot summaries, character analyses, writer bios, and other information
- Write lesson plans and other educational materials related to theatre with a special focus on diversity/inclusion
- Write blog posts and and create multi-media content
- Participate in editorial meetings and new feature development
- Extensive experience working in the theatre industry either as a performer, educator, or production team member
- Passion for diversity/inclusion in theatre and expertise with BIPOC playwrights
- Strong research, writing, and interviewing capabilities
- Access to source materials via a music or drama library or personal collection
- College degree
- Strong computer skills, specifically Google suite
- A self-starter with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Flexible schedule with at least 5-10 hours per week to create content for StageAgent
OTHER USEFUL EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced musical abilities with the ability to easily classify character vocal ranges
- An active presence on social media channels
- Strong network with the BIPOC playwriting community and upcoming playwrights in general
- Multimedia capabilities
- Expertise in a wide-range of theatre jobs/skills (technical theatre, education, business, artistic staff etc.)
This is a freelance position. Content creators are paid per piece on a sliding scale.
Submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.